CBD Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does CBD oil do?
CBD oil works by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is a regulatory system in your body. These endocannabinoids work similarity to neurotransmitters sending messages around the body to help maintain a state of health. CBD interacts with two receptors in the endocannabinoid system, CB1 and CB2.
Because of this CBD oil is known to help with a many health issues such as:
- Pain: CBD oil is used for dealing with chronic pain as a substitute in many cases for very harsh and potentially addictive pharmaceuticals, such as opioid pain medications
- Arthritis pain: for the same reasons that CBD oil is used to help deal with other chronic pain, it’s also effectively used to deal with pain caused by arthritis. CBD oil not only helps to manage and reduce pain, but it’s also effectively reduces inflammation
- Anxiety & depression: CBD oil has been found to target receptors in the brain and it produces very similar results to anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications3
- Sleep disorders/insomnia: for many of the same reasons that CBD oil helps with anxiety and depression, it can help with sleep disorders. Since sleep disorders and insomnia are often caused by secondary health issues such as depression or chronic pain, CBD helps treat many of secondary issues responsible for trouble with sleeping4
- PTSD: for many of the same reasons that CBD oil helps with other psychological issues, it can also be very effective in treating PTSD
- Reduces nausea
- Helps with allergies
- Helps with asthma
- Helps with MS
- Can help with certain lung conditions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Certain skin conditions
Is CBD oil healthy?
CBD oil helps with many health conditions and has very few and mild side effects. Regular use of CBD oil isn’t yet well understood in the long term by the medical and scientific community. CBD oil should be used to help with health issues and isn’t well understood enough to be recommended as a prophylactic.
Is CBD oil a placebo scam?
No. There is plenty of scientific research and evidence validating the medicinal benefits of CBD oil. But it’s important to note that there are unscrupulous dealers and producers of CBD oil
There are a very large amount of CBD products on the market with different amounts of CBD and of different quality. Since this industry is not yet well regulated that are some recommended precautions that should be taken when choosing the right CBD oil for you and your symptoms:
- Not all CBD oils are the same quality. CBD oil is not regulated in many countries, so it’s a good idea to base your purchasing decisions off of user testimonials and user reviews
- Full spectrum or isolate CBD? It’s a good idea to know the difference between these two main types of CBD oils. Full spectrum CBD oil includes many other compounds from the hemp plant, while CBD isolate is pure CBD
- Hempseed oil is not CBD oil. Vendors will quite often try to convince buyers that hempseed oil is an alternative for CBD oil. This is not true, hempseed oil contains a very small amount or no CBD oil at all
- CBD oil is sensitive to light and air. If you see CBD oil in a clear bottle, there is a good chance it has become weaker and lost potency due to light exposure. It’s a good idea not to risk buying CBD in clear bottles
- Know which product you want to buy before going to a CBD store or ordering online. Do your research before buying and using, and not risk buying the wrong product recommended by the sales person in the store
- There are shady dealers when it comes to CBD products, it’s a good idea to check that the retailer has an online history of transactions and many good reviews
How to administer CBD for animals?
CBD supplements for animals are available as:
- Oil tinctures
- Infused treats
It’s important to note that using CBD oil meant for people with your pets, is not a good idea. There are especially formulated products that are made especially for your dog or cat and these are safer and potentially more helpful.
Is CBD oil harmful to animals?
CBD oil in its pure form, doesn’t seem to have any ill-effects on animals. However, it’s important to note that in another study it seems that canines experience an increase in the liver enzyme ALP (alkaline phosphate) when undergoing a CBD treatment. But it’s unclear whether this is caused directly by CBD oil. The study found that the dogs livers were not failing and after the experiment with CBD oil went back to functioning as normal.
Regarding the potential liver issues, anyone considering treating their dog with CBD oil should make sure that their dog doesn’t have any pre-existing liver conditions. It’s also important to remember that it’s a good idea to avoid giving your dog CBD oil if your dog is currently taking any medications that are processed by the liver.
The next thing to take into consideration is the quality of the CBD oil that you may potentially give your pets. CBD oil is part of a poorly regulated industry and there are plenty of shady dealers, producers and products on the market.
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil is quite a new phenomenon in the health supplement world, and it has a history of being used to help with different ailments in one form or another for millennia. The first recorded uses of substances derived from the cannabis plant (like CBD) date back all the way to 2900 B.C.E1, and it has been in steady use in different cultures steadily since then.
CBD oil has been quite controversial in the past few years because it originates from the same cannabis plant as marijuana does, but it’s important to note that there are some key differences between the two. Even though most botanists consider the plant that CBD oil is extracted from as being the same as the plant that marijuana is harvested from, the plant CBD oil is extracted from contains an insignificant amount of THC (the psychoactive chemical in marijuana)
CBD oil is extracted from the hemp plant. That same plant is also used for the production of health supplements, fibres for textiles and many other useful products. For the hemp plant to be legally considered for the production of CBD oil and these other materials, it has to contain 0.3% or a lower level of THC.
Is CBD oil the same as hemp oil?
No. Hemp oil is the oil extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant. CBD oil is extracted using the hemp plant’s leaves, branches and stalks. Hemp oil is usually applied topically and CBD oil is most often ingested. It’s also important to note that hemp seed oil doesn’t offer the same health benefits as CBD oil. CBD oil uses the nutrients from the entire hemp plant and therefore offers the benefits of the entire hemp plant.
Is CBD oil safe?
Very few people have any negative reactions to CBD oil, and when they do the side effects are usually very mild and never dangerous. The biggest concern with CBD oil is making sure you’re getting high quality CBD oil. Since the CBD oil industry isn’t well regulated there are unscrupulous vendors and producers offering substandard products. It’s always a good idea to check user reviews before buying any CBD products.
What are the negative side effects of CBD oil?
Does CBD oil have any negative side effects?
Yes it does, although most people respond well to CBD. Some people can experience mild side effects:
- Changes in body weight
- Appetite changes
There also are concerns regarding liver health and CBD oil. A study has found that CBD may interfere with an enzyme called P450 complex. This enzyme is there to support the liver’s mechanism to break down different toxins. Due to this, there is a risk that CBD may increase the liver’s toxicity.
It’s a good idea to talk to your doctor before taking CBD as well. There is a chance that CBD may interfere or interact with other medications you may be taking.
Will CBD show positive in a drug test?
There is a small chance that CBD oil may show up on a drug test. Although CBD oil should legally contain less than 0.3% THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana), some brands of CBD oil have been found to contain more than 0.3% THC. If you’re expecting a drug test it’s probably a good idea not to use CBD oil before or to make sure that the brand you’re using really contains less than the legally allowed limit.
Does CBD oil really work?
There is a lot of information out there when it comes to how and if CBD oil works, and it’s important to separate the wheat from the chaff. The most credible sources will always underline that the way CBD oil works is not yet fully understood. Even though there may be some mystery when it comes to how CBD oil helps with so many ailments, a lot is understood.
Although it’s not exactly understood how it works, there are several studies and loads of anecdotal evidence showing that CBD oil is effective at treating many ailments.
What is a good CBD oil to use that works?
As mentioned above there are many unscrupulous CBD oil vendors and producers and if you want to find a good and effective CBD oil it’s a good idea to make sure that the brand and vendor you’re doing business with has a large amount of good user reviews.
How does CBD oil make you feel?
CBD oil shouldn’t contain a high enough amount of THC to make you ‘feel’ any different. The only difference you may feel is an improvement from one of your medical conditions such as chronic pain.
Is CBD the new snake oil?
No. There is a large amount of scientific research and studies showing the medicinal benefits of CBD oil.
How long does it take to gain effects from CBD oil?
The effects of CBD oil may be felt in as quick as 15-45 minutes.
Can CBD oil get you high?
- Although CBD can have an effect on the way you feel, it is THC from the cannabis plant that gives you that feeling of getting high, and not CBD
- It doesn’t matter whether CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant or the hemp plant, it is still the same compound and the effect you and your body are the same
- So as a conclusion, CBD doesn’t contain the THC from the cannabis plant that can get you high
Is CBD oil legal in the USA?
CBD oil is legal in some states, not legal in some and exists in a grey area in other states. Check the laws in your state before buying or using CBD oil.
Is it okay to take CBD oil daily?
This depends on who you ask, your particular health issues and any medications you may be taking at the same time. If you want to use CBD oil every day, only your doctor can recommend it’s long term use. It’s important to note, that most scientific studies done with CBD oil state that the long term effects of CBD oil aren’t yet understood.
How does CBD oil taste?
Most people describe the taste of CBD oil to be ‘earthy’ and ‘grassy’, a very ‘earth’ like flavour.
Related Home Remedy Searches:
best cbd oil, buy cbd oil, buy cbd oil colorado, buy cbd oil for pain, buy cbd vape oil, cbd dosage for cancer, cbd e liquid for sale, cbd hemp oil benefits, cbd hemp oil side effects, cbd oil dosage, cbd oil effects, cbd oil for cancer, cbd oil for cancer where to buy, cbd oil for pain, cbd oil for sale, cbd oil for seizures, cbd oil reviews, cbd vape juice, cbd vape juice effects, cbd vape oil for sale, cbd vape oil reviews, cbd vapor oil, does cbd oil work, hemp vape oil, high cbd oil, how to make cbd oil, how to use cbd oil, side effects of cbd, vape cannabidiol cbd, vape cannabidiol cbd southern california,Frequently Asked Questions, CBD Frequently Asked Questions, cbd oil